Rules for Sanctioning
- Assigned dates cannot be changed without contacting the Competition
- All new dates must be cleared with the Competition Coordinator
- The Competition Coordinator must be informed if a show is to be canceled.
- Two shows held on the same day must be a minimum of 30 miles from
- All test offered must be written/goverened by FEI, USEF/USEA, USDF, or ECRDA .
- All shows are encouraged to offer separate classes for JR/YR and adult riders. If classes cannot be separated, show organizers are requested to identify which riders are JR/YR and which are SR.
- All shows are encouraged to offer separate classes for starter riders and starter horses ("green" horses). If classes cannot be separated, show organizers are requested to identify which riders and horses are "starter." For example, if a Training Level Test 1 class contains a mixed group, please identify any open rides as "OP," starter riders as "StR" and starter horses as "StH", or any other convenient means of identification.
- There will be a calendar of events in the monthly Newsletter, in which
sanctioned shows will be advertised free of charge. A sanctioned
show must advertise for a minimum of 30 days prior to the date of the
show. The ad will consist of the name of the facility holding
the event, the date of the event, the classes offered, the judge, the
opening and closing dates, and the contact person.
- Schooling shows are for educational purposes and we suggest a minimum
of 2 extra minutes between rides to allow the judge time to talk with
each rider about their ride.
- Judges MUST have a minimum of 1 ten minute break every
2 hours, plus a lunch break of 45 minutes. More than the minimum is
- Individual shows are responsible for having their own insurance. Please name ECRDA as an "additional insured" on the policy, and forward a copy of the annual renewal declarations page to the Competition Coordinator.