Information for Starter Horse Division
- Open to any horse that has never shown in an open class
at any Dressage Show.
- Classes are offered at Walk/Trot (USDF Tests A and
B) and Walk/Trot/Canter (USDF Test C and Training Level Test 1).
- Horse/Rider combinations may qualify for the Championship
Show as well as for Year-End Awards at the Starter Horse Level.
- Horse/Rider Combinations entered in Starter Horse classes
may only qualify for Starter Horse awards.
- Once a starter horse competes in any
open class at any dressage competition, it is then ineligible to
enter future starter horse classes. Once a year-end championship is won at
the starter horse level, the horse then must move up to the next level.
- Once a horse has shown in an Open Division, the horse is no longer considered a starter.
- All other requirements are explained in "General
Information for Dressage Competitions" and "Rules
for Dressage High Score Awards", and will be strictly
- All questions are to be addressed to the High
Score Award Chairperson.