of Interest for Judges
No rider may compete in any Equitation or Dressage
class before a judge by whom he has been instructed, coached, or tutored,
with or without pay, within the last 30 days. Clinics or assistance
in group activities such as Pony Club, unless individual instruction
is given, will not be considered instruction, coaching, or tutoring.
- An exhibitor or trainer may not serve as a judge, steward, or TD at
any competition in which he/she exhibits.
- No member of a judge's family nor any of the judge's clients, employers,
employees, or employers of a member of the judge's family may compete.
For the purpose of this rule, the hiring of a judge to officiate at
a competition shall not constitute employment.
- No judge's trainer nor any of the judge's trainer's clients may compete.
- No horse trained by the judge or a member of the judge's family may
- No horse that has been sold by a judge or by his/her employer within
a period a 3 months prior to the competition may be shown before that
- No horse that has been trained by a judge may show before that judge.
- No one may show before a judge who has received or has contracted
to receive any remuneration for the sale, purchase, or lease of any
horse to or from the exhibitor.
- No one may show before a judge who boards, shows, or trains any horse
under the exhibitor's ownership or lease.
- No one may show before a judge who has remunerated the exhibitor for
the board or training of any horse for show purposes. Stud fees and
broodmare board excluded.
- No one may show before a judge from whom he has leased a horse unless
the lease terminated 90 days prior to the competition.
- No rider may compete in any Equitation or Dressage class before a
judge with whom his or her parent/guardian or instructor has had any
financial transaction in connection with the sale, lease, board, or
training of a horse.
- A judge may not show before another judge whom he/she has judged or
judged with, within 5 days. Nor may he/she judge another judge under
whom he/she has shown or judged with within 5 days.
- A judge may not be an exhibitor or owner of any interest in a horse
at any competition at which he/she is officiating.
Rule Book Index
back to top