Adult Dressage Teams
Depending on the interest of available riders, ECRDA occasionally participates in the
USDF Region 1 Adult Team Championships. USDF Group Member Organizations (GMOs) are encouraged to send teams at
any level. In general, ECRDA rules for the Adult Dressage Teams are as
- Opened to all adult ECRDA members.
- A team will consist of 3 or 4 riders and 1 or 2 alternates, plus a chef
d'equipe. Selections will be made on horse/rider combinations.
- Teams may be fielded at any level from Training through F.E.I. Some
competitions offer opportunities for USDF Intro level teams, at the
discretion of the host GMO.
- Riders may apply for up to two teams on separate horses.
- The horse/rider team may not, at any time, have competed more than
two levels above that for which the application is being made
- All applicants for the teams must have been ECRDA members at the time
the qualifying scores were earned.
- It is recommended that qualifying scores be earned in at least 3 shows
under 3 different judges; more are encouraged. Qualifying scores may
be earned from July 1 of the previous year through July 15 of the current
year. Qualifying dates subject to change as the date of the Regional
competition changes each year.
- Scores may be earned at ECRDA sanctioned schooling shows or USEF/USDF
recognized shows, but riders MUST BE members at the time qualifying
scores are earned.
- Qualifying classes are the 2 highest tests of each level - Training
through Fourth and any F.E.I test.
- Minimum scores required: 62% at Training Level; 60% at First
and Second Levels, and 55% for Third Level and above.
- Riders are responsible for submitting their own scores! All
scores submitted will be averaged for each horse/rider combination.
The averages will be ranked to select team members.
- All candidates, or their representative (family member or friend)
must have volunteered at a minimum of 2 different ECRDA show grounds
for a total of at least 8 hours.
- Each team will also provide a representative to volunteer a total
of 8 hours during the weekend of the actual team competition.
- ECRDA will host some fund raising activities to help offset individual
expenses for this competition. If you would like to help with fundraising,
you may contact the Membership Chair.
- ECRDA rules may be superceeded by the rules of the host organization
- Final decision will be at the discretion of the Executive Board.